GREENWOOD, MS, January 2017 –– Viking Range, LLC, the originator of commercial-type cooking equipment for the home, raises the bar once again with a total redesign of the iconic Viking range. This inside out redesign affects the Viking Professional 5 Series Ranges and the ultra-premium Viking Professional 7 Series Ranges; the most innovative ranges in Viking history.
Over the past 4 years of ownership by the Middleby Corporation, Viking has implemented aggressive product and quality improvement initiatives. As part of these initiatives and keeping true to the “professional performance for your home” heritage, Viking now offers an even more durable and reliable product with a totally new look.
Quality and design enhancements for the 5 and 7 Series Ranges include the following:
- 20% larger RackView™ trimless windows on the oven doors allows for better visibility into the oven cavity and the entire oven rack to be visible
- New understated 3 ½ Viking logo
- Exclusive BlackChrome™ knobs
- Combination of SoftLit™ LED Lights and Exclusive BlackChrome™ knobs with new cool grey graphics provide better readability
- Numerous quality and performance improvements including more efficient wiring and new oven ignition systems
Additional enhancements for the 7 Series Range include the following:
- Exclusive VariLight™ blue ring around the bezel backlights the BlackChrome™ knobs
- Square bezel has white illuminated indicator light to indicate area in use
- Vari-simmer added to surface burners
Feature enhancements from the 7 Series Ranges added to the 5 Series ranges include the following:
- Commercial size baking pan will now fit in all 36” gas ranges
- SoftLit™ LED Lights which accent the control panel and illuminate knobs
- GentleClose™ doors
- Square bezels around the BlackChrome™ knobs
- High temperature ceramic coating on the burner base ensures longer lasting and easy cleaning
- New push button illuminated light switches
This redesign of these flagship products offers a new level of design and cooking performance for discriminating homeowners and passionate home chefs.
The ultra-premium Viking 7 Series ranges feature 23,000 BTU Elevation™ Burners with brass flame ports, adapted from true commercial burners. These high performance burners are combined with a fully-featured convection oven to create a restaurant-caliber range unlike any other in the residential market.
Additional features of the Viking 7 Series ranges include the ViChrome™ Griddle, a true commercial plancha/griddle with a patent-pending grease containment system. Exclusive oven features unique to the 7 Series include GentleClose™ Doors on the oven, and SoftLit™ LED Lights which accent the control panel and illuminate knobs.
Like in commercial kitchens, the 7 Series ranges have elevated burners and flame ports as well as a deep recessed burner pan that make cleanup easy because spillovers do not bake on.
“The new Viking range has redefined professional performance for the home because consumers get a true restaurant quality range, safe for the home use, with powerful commercial burners.” said Kevin Brown, President of Viking Range, LLC. “Not only are the burners powerful, but they also offer the most delicate, even, gentle simmering with the VariSimmer™ Setting available on all burners.”
Previous versions of the 7 Series Gas Range has won numerous awards including the People’s Choice Award at the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show, the prestigious GOOD DESIGN® Award and most recently #1 Quality Rating for Ranges & Cooktops in the Builder 2015 Brand Use Study.
The Professional 7 Series Ranges are available in 36” and 48” widths, in both gas and dual fuel. The Professional 5 Series Ranges are available in 30”, 36”, 48”, and 60” widths also in both gas and dual fuel as well as a 30” wide electric and 30” wide electric induction range. Both Series are and backed by an industry leading warranty; the Viking Signature Warranty.
Viking Range, LLC originated ultra-premium commercial-type appliances for the home, creating a whole new category of home appliances. Committed to innovative product design, unrivaled performance and peerless quality, Viking is headquartered in Greenwood, Mississippi, and is a subsidiary of The Middleby Corporation, a long-time leader in commercial kitchen technology. Viking appliances are recognized globally as the foremost brand in the high-end appliance industry and are sold through a network of premium appliance distributors and dealers worldwide.
For additional product information, to locate a Viking dealer in your area, or to request a quote, please visit www.vikingrange.com. VIKING is a registered trademark of Viking Range, LLC. Viking products are sold under the BRIGADE brand in Canada.
SOURCE & PHOTO CREDIT: Viking Range