Retro style meets high technology
New York – August 20, 2014 – SMEG , the Italian appliance brand known for its high style and advanced technology, is pleased to announce that the retro Victoria 36″ free-standing ranges and ventilation hoods have launched stateside.
The newest addition to SMEG’s best-selling line of iconic retro-style appliances, the Victoria
marries high style and European design with the latest in technology and chef-inspired cooking functions. The Victoria is the ultimate appliance for those who appreciate the supreme joy of sharing meals, love, and laughter with friends and family.
Highlights of the Victoria include:
- Ultra-rapid 18,000 BTU brass burner for maximum heat distribution.
- Eight pro-cooking functions, including double European/true convection features.
- Molded chrome shelves with smooth and secure telescopic guides.
- Comes standard with an advanced rotisserie feature.
- Sparkling, ergonomically-designed knobs that perform with precision.
- Advanced EverClean technology enables effortless clean up.
- Available colors: classic cream, stainless steel, gloss black.
- Generous storage compartment drawer.
- Pricing: all colors and stainless steel models retail for $5,499 (U.S. pricing).
- Matching hood comes standard with three speeds and a triple charcoal filter. Retails for $1,699.
For more images, visit here:
Headquartered in Italy, SMEG has been manufacturing top ranges since 1948. Their tireless pursuit of technology and high style continues to this day, as many of their signature appliances are born from collaborations with leading architects from around the world. Every new product is, for SMEG, a hand-made special, born from a design studio where form, ergonomics, and function have been carefully studied. For more info visit www.smegusa.com.
- SMEG products made for the U.S. market include built-in ovens, ranges, cooktops, hoods, refrigeration, dishwashers, and small appliances (coming soon).
- SMEG is a family-owned company in its third generation of ownership. The Bertazzoni family began enameling in the 1800s. The current CEO is Vittorio Bertazzoni, Jr.
- SMEG has 17 subsidiaries around the world, plus three factories in Italy.
SMEG’s legacy dates back to the 17th century, starting with a family of blacksmiths who branched out into kitchen design. The name SMEG is an acronym, which conserves the memory of the company’s origins. In Italian, the initials stand for “Smalterie Metallurgieche Emiliane Gustalla,” or, “the Metal Enameling factory in the town of Gustalla in Emilia Romagna, Italy.”
Commitment to Sustainability
SMEG places a special focus on obtaining the highest energy efficiency class rating for its products in order to help the environment, and improve the quality of life for its customers, employees, and neighbors. All SMEG factories are ISO9001, ISO14001, and OSHAS 18001-certified. SMEG’s headquarters has been named amongst the most innovative in Italy, owing to its intelligent consumption management and sustainable development policies.